"Take me on a trip upon your magic swirlin' ship
My senses have been stripped, my hands can't feel to grip
My toes too numb to step, wait only for my boot heels
To be wanderin'
I'm ready to go anywhere, I'm ready for to fade
Into my own parade, cast your dancing spell my way
I promise to go under it." ~Bob Dylan, "Mr. Tambourine Man"

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sukhothai


I’ve dropped the ball with blogging in February. Oh well, mai pen rai.

On the first weekend in February, Josh and I met up with Jill and the Chonburi crew in central Thailand at the UNESCO World Heritage historical park of Sukhothai. Thailand has witnessed waves of kingdoms rise and fall, including the Sukhothai Kingdom 700 years ago. 

We rode motorbikes around the ancient ruins and made frequent stops to explore the scattered Buddha statues and other carvings that had survived the test of time.  Some of the massive monuments were surrounded by a moat while others loomed behind a beautiful lake. Lotuses and lily pads in the lake served as the finishing touches to the photographer’s playground and we all enjoyed the peaceful premises.



No comments:

Post a Comment